Sunday, June 3, 2012

The Minority - A Fashion Business

Hey everybody out there in the blogosphere! How are you guys doing today? Hopefully good. But I can't hear you, so that's kind of a downfall... Anyways. I'm here today to share with you a new, up and coming fashion business. Called 'The Minority'. Now most of you are probably wondering what it is that makes The Minority so much different from every other fashion line out there. Well. That's what I'm going to share with you today.

The Minority is a business that was started by me. Jordan. Then I asked one of my very good friends, Sarah, to model for me and be my partner in the matter. She said yes. But this is one of the different things about our business. We're both 15. And we're both extremely determined to do this. I'm not going to give up. That's not my style. And I'm pretty sure that Sarah's not going to give up either.

So that's one thing that's different. But there is another. I have always been extensively excited about being modest when I'm dressing. I don't like the way that dressing in a revealing manner makes me feel. It makes me feel kind of looked down upon. And I don't like that. At all. So I decided to try and find some ways to dress modestly while still looking up to date and trendy. And it turned out that I was good at it. Mixing colors and patterns has always been a part of me, ever since I was extremely young. I just had never expressed it in fashion before.

So that's what this blog is all about. Currently Sarah and I are working on two clothing lines and their coordinating jewelry lines. And you guys are going to be able to follow us through the whole process. Through the design process, getting fabric samples, making patterns, sewing the sample clothing pieces, adjusting the patterns, sewing the final copies, and finally selling them on Etsy. Where all of you guys that have been following me will be able to buy the pieces. 

That's what I wanted to share with you guys today. Tomorrow I was considering sharing some pictures of the very basic sketches that you could look at, but nothing too revealing; I still want the finished lines to be somewhat of a surprise! So I hope that you guys will come back to visit soon, and I'll see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment